What is a Safety Induction?
A safety induction is a program of courses and policies designed for staff, contractors and visitors to your organisation.
InductNow is structured safety induction software application that allows you to set-up and automate all aspects of your staff and contractor safety induction.
Why should your staff, contractors and visitors complete your online safety induction?
- To ensure all staff and contractors performing physical work on your site know and understand all safety standards and requirements. The safety induction gives you the assurance that your staff, contractors and visitors are able to work safely on your site. The induction program will assess safety compliance and competency and provide your safety reports on all employees and contractors.
- It will allow you to implement and demonstrate a Duty of Care and be able to deliver a consistent and standardised program across all of your offices, sites and locations.
- With the InductNow safety induction, you will be able to assign managers to training groups to ensure that your leadership team can assess safety compliance in real time from all connected devices. Contractor businesses will also be provided with Manager Accounts to view the safety status of their staff working on your sites.
Is the Safety Induction Mandatory?
Yes. Updates to legislation has mandated that all organisations must ensure that they maintain a safe workplace and a well-structured online safety induction is an essential part of your safety solution.
How will I know whether our staff and contractor has completed the safety induction?
The InductNow software allows you to deliver Safety Induction certificates for each course or you can choose to implement a comprehensive safety induction program with a single certificate that informs your managers that the end user has been inducted.
What Should Be Included in My Safety Induction Program
A structured and consistent safety induction should ensure that your employees and contractors are aware of Workplace Health and Safety laws in your industry and most importantly know how your organisation approaches workplace safety. This is an essential component in meeting your legislated safety obligations.
The structured workflow in InductNow guides the design and structure of your safety induction to ensure that meet these safety obligations.
Generally speaking, an online induction program is aimed at providing staff and contractors with an understanding of Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) principles that will encourage them to work more safely.
The InductNow OHS Safety Induction Courses
In addition to providing an induction that allows you to create and publish your own OHS courses and policies, we are pleased to assist the build of your programs with the InductNow Course Pack.
The courses below are loaded into your InductNow Course Editor to allow you to add any additional information or test questions from your industry. You simply assign these to your Training Groups and your staff and contractors will have instant access to your induction program.
The InductNow Safety Induction Courses include:
- Manual Handling
- Working at Heights
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Workplace Bullying and Harassment
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Asbestos Awareness
- Equal Opportunity (EEO)
- Fire Safety and Evacuation
- Driver Safety
- Drugs in the Workplace
Suggested Safety Induction Training Outline
With InductNow you can publish your Induction information as online courses, eBooks with digital signatures, safety news alerts, policy uploads and personal file uploads as part of the on-boarding process. You may want to consider using the following information to include as part of your Induction Program:
- WHS/OHS legal obligations of employers, employees and contractors
- WHS/OHS legal obligations of your contracting businesses
- Safety communication and consultation
- General Office Safety (i.e. fire safety and evacuation
- Hazard identification and control
- Overview of manual handling principles
- Emergency Procedures
- Workplace injury management
- Risk Management
Workflow for your Safety Induction
InductNow software automates the workflow for your Safety Induction program. Your tools include:
- The ability to collect all safety licenses and certificates as part of the on-boarding
- OHS/WHS courses delivered online to drive your safety compliance
- OHS/WHS safety meetings and workshops booked through your Training Calendar
- The ability to publish and track your safety policies and documents
- The ability to broadcast and track the reading of safety news and alerts
- The ability for managers to logon and track the progress of staff and managers
- The ability to broadcast safety webinars to all staff and contractors
- Safety Induction Certificates for all staff, contractors and visitors
- Real-time visual and data reports for administrators and managers
- Real-time alerts to managers for expired licenses and upcoming reinductions
Staff and Contractor Safety Re-Induction
Due to new legislation it is vital for all organizations to track and re-induct their staff and contractors to ensure that all end users have been tested and passed to demonstrate their safety compliance.
InductNow automates the re-induction process with date triggers and a series of email reminders to drive the responsibility to the staff member or contractor while giving administrators an enterprise view of their risk and safety compliance.
Learn More About How InductNow Automates Your Safety Induction
Call Mediasphere on 1300 787 611 | International +61 7 5555 0180 or contact our Accredited Partners to learn more about our induction software. Register for a free trial and Product Webinar or complete an online quotation today.